Friday 1 July 2011

Late Bloomer?

I just started recently collecting coins (mostly) and banknotes ;D

This was all started when my colleague said that the old version 50 cent (with milled edge) back when we were little is worthy, as in cost higher than the face value. I suddenly remembered that my hubby has his piggy bank... not exactly a piggy bank would look like, it's a 1 litter bottle mineral full with coins, which he told me that he have been saving it 4-5 years back.

When I got home, I told him about it and started to check his piggy bank hoping to find the 50 cent with milled edge. I was so happy when I found one piece of 50 cent 1967 (with milled edge) and we started to google to find the information for the newly found coin. Well, of course it's not exactly like what my hope would be, the most seek 50 cent coin is 1967 (rm500), 1968 (rm1000) and 1969 (rm1500) but WITHOUT the milled edge. Haiya... It's okay, it's not my destiny to find one now :)

But all in all, I'm still happy to find one 50 cent 1967 with milled edge, it seems like it's been too long since the last time I saw this kind of coins. I remembered back then, all the coins was with milled edge, now the current bunga series, it don't have the milled edge anymore.

So, this is the started of my so called new hobby? 

p/s: oh, and my hubby piggy bank is around rm200++, we're going to bank it later

1 comment:

  1. Teruskan Berhobi!, semakin hari pasti semakin menarik, banyak yang boleh kita pelajari nanti, Syabas!

    ReplyDelete